Tomorrow is the day!

We flew in last night to Hong Kong after about 28 hours of no sleep, and 18 hours of travel. We promptly showered and went to bed. We woke up this morning and took the cable car to the top of Ngong Ping where they have the "big Buddha" and a monastery. It was beautiful. I hadn't expected Hong Kong to be so picturesque, but it was stunning with its tree-covered mountains, surrounded by the water, and modern architecture. Seems so odd for such an ancient city, but nonetheless, stunning.
As I write this, my eyelids are getting heavy. Although jet lag hasn't been bad considering we stayed up until we got to our hotel last night, I have found that once we get away from the hustle and bustle of lots of people, out of the suffocating heat, and to a cool hotel with a comfy bed, we tend to get sleepy VERY quickly. After our flight into Changsha (Finn's province capital, an hour van ride to the hotel after meeting our very sweet guide, Wendy, and dinner from Pizza hut (YAY), we are about to head to bed.
Before I do that though, I just can't imagine what you are thinking right now. Are you sleeping? Are you anxious? Are you excited or nervous...or both. We are all of the above.
At 3:00 PM tomorrow, we will meet son number 3. I feel as though my heart might burst!

I'll check back in tomorrow. I can't stay awake much longer... until tomorrow!!!

Comments

Popular Posts